Friday, June 22, 2007

i went back to ohio...

soooo, i'm in the great state of ohio, my homeland. it's pretty hot here but i don't mind b/c this is about all the summer i'm going to get all...summer. huh? yeah.

since arriving on weds night:

- i picked up my sweet rental car (a dodge avenger, aren't you jealous?!?) and drove 1.84 hours to marietta; this is actually one of my favorite things to do - solo road trips. where i can listen to whatever music i fancy and sing at the top of my lungs while the creepy truck drivers check me out. oh yeah, it's basically awesome.

- went to my mom's eye doctor appt with her so that i could see my old high school friend matt, who is now an optometrist, his dad greg (also an optometrist), and his stepmom mary. i love that family! and matt's little girl is sooooo cute. he jokingly said the next time i see him he'll have a litter (his wife is preggers again) and i half-think he was half-serious. wow.

- got a mani-pedi courtesy of my mom; mainly b/c she doesn't like the chipped nearly-black rock star nail look i've got going on.

- checked out my little brother's new pad, and it's HUGE. like three stories huge. and super cheap, nearly disgustingly cheap. wtf? oh wait that's right, this is ohio.

- had dinner w/ my mom, stepdad, brother, dad, and stepmom - and my cousin was our server; y'know, just the average all-american family!

- broke down and bought a mcdonald's iced coffee (per my stepdad's rave review) b/c this town doesn't have a starbucks or any other proper espresso coffee shop. srsly.

- installed firefox on my parents' computer and signed my mom up for an AIM account (geek)

- watched most of just my luck. p.s. it's not very good.

now i'm cruising the internets, blogging, and watching young frankenstein. i forgot that i kind of love teri garr! comedic genius, she is.

i think i'm going to go out to the barz with my brother tonight b/c he is now legally permitted to drink in those sorts of establishments and what's better than drinking with your baby bro and his crazy friends? tomorrow i head to columbus to meet up with my college friends who are also in town for comfest and some other friends who are in town/still live in the 'bus. w00t! i swear vacations never really feel like vacations but more so a series of tightly scheduled mini-reunions...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I googled a friend from high school that I hadn't seen in 10 years and I found her website! Forgive the fact that I am not as computer savy as the rest of the crew... I couldn't find your email adress... I am sure that I can get it from Eric. But, wanted to say hey and let you know that I think about you from time to time. You always were a good friend. Get in touch! I live with my husband in Cinti. Nothing too exciting, but we're happy. Email me, Eric has my info...

29 June, 2007 22:08  
Blogger ali. said...

shanna banana!!! hi lady! thanks for commenting, and i'll get your info from e.case asap - yay!

30 June, 2007 21:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home