Thursday, December 14, 2006

did this thing read my mind?

whilst perusing stereogum today (as per usual), i came across this freaktastical post:

um, hellllloooooooo?!? seriously, this thing should basically be called "ali's brain" because every single band that branches out from sound team are bands that i LURVE and have either been obsessed with in the past (aka six months ago) or currently (hi, little ones) or are my band boy bff's (yo, birdmonsters!). it totally freaked me out. perhaps i should start charging for my music suggestions....hmmmm.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm always suspect of these kind of applications because they never work for someone with as eclectic taste as me. And sometimes they are just wrong. If I type in "Moloko" it compares them to Lamb and Morcheeba. Both great artists, but not really that similar to Moloko AT ALL. They have female vocalists, that's about it.

If I put in Jazzanova, you get a slightly better response... but still nothing really new... or unexpected, which is the only real use of these types of apps to me anyway... Put in Faith No More and you get everything Mike Patton did, but Fantomas and Mr. Bungle are two very different things... hell Mr. Bungle and Faith No More? Totally off...

that's my two cents... but I like how it bounces and stuff :-)

I'll have to play with it more...

15 December, 2006 13:25  
Blogger hez said...

tuneglue? horrible name.

18 December, 2006 12:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home